Wednesday 15 July 2015

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag!!

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag!!

Here is a tag that has been going around where basically you freak out about the books you've already read this year!! I am doing this because well, it will damn help a lot when it comes to the end of year tag :P

Here we go :P

*Note - So far in 2015 (as of 15/7/15) I have read 25 books, 13 5 Star Rating, 5 4 Star Rating, 1 3 Star Rating, 3 2 Star Rating, 3 1 Star Rating.*

1. Best Book You've Read So Far in 2015?
Ohh this is such a hard question! Always is... As you can see above I rated 13 Books with 5 Stars. And well I can't choose just 1 at the moment... 

2. Best Sequel You've Read So Far in 2015?
The best sequel by far that I've read so far this year has got to be Scarlet by Marissa Meyer!! I absolutely just adored this book. 

3. New Release You Haven't Read Yet, But Want To?
There are a good few of these already, because of the fact that Ireland rarely get books on release days!! The one I am waiting for and really want to be on the shelves soon is An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.

4. Most Anticipated Release For Second Half of 2015?
There are a good few books here in this list as you all may have seen in my Top Ten Tuesday post with the same topic. But here are five I absolutely can't wait for - The Rose Society by Marie Lu, Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo & The Next Together by Lauren James

5. Biggest Disappointment?
The book that disappointed me the most this year would have to be Blood Red Road by Moira Young. I had heard such fabulous things about this book but unfortunately I couldn't read past page 40... Because of the writing style.  

6. Biggest Surprise?
The biggest surprise would have to be I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson simply because I didn't like Jandy Nelson's previous book, The Sky Is Everywhere, so I didn't hold I'll Give You The Sun highly when I was going to start this but my God, did I fall head over heels for this book.

7. Favourite New Author?
My favourite new author for 2015 is Patrick Ness. I've only read 1 of his books so far, but I have another waiting on my shelf and I can't wait for his new release to come out!!

8. Newest Fictional Crush?
My newest fictional crush would have to be either Wolf from Scarlet or Tamlin from A Court of Thorns and Roses. I must admit I had quite some feelings for Rysand too in A Court of Thorns and Roses. I also had a fictional crush in The Young Elites too, but let's not go there....

9. Newest Favourite Character?
I loved, loved, loved many of the characters that I've read about in books this year. So to name but a few - Emily from Since You've Been Gone, Jude from I'll Give You The Sun, Josie from Out of The Easy, Scarlet from Scarlet, Ava Lavender from The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender. Feyre and Lucien from A Court of Thorns and Roses and so the list goes on....

10. Book That Made You Cry?
Hmm, let me think I cried reading Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson.

11. Book That Made You Happy?
A book that really made me happy while reading was Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson.

12. Favourite Book To Movie Adaptation You Saw This Year?
I didn't see a book to movie adaptation this year :(

13. Favourite Review You've Written This Year?
I was most proud of writing my review for More Than This by Patrick Ness.

14. Most Beautiful Book You Bought So Far This Year?
Now this is a tought one because I've bought so many beautiful (cover-wise) books. Oh damn, I just can't choose......

15. What Books Do You Need To Read By The End of The Year?
There are so many!! But here's a list of five from books that I already have on my shelves:
1. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
2. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
3. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
4. Empire of Night by Kelley Armstrong
5. Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick

6 comments:

  1. I haven't heard much good things about Blood Red Road:( Probably won't pick it up anytime soon. You haven't seen any book to movie adaptations this year? You didn't watch Insurgent??I do like Tamlin even though I haven't finished the book yet:P I can't wait for Rose Society:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard a good bit before picking it up so that's why I was very disappointed.. Nope :P I haven't even seen Divergent yet :P
      Ahhh I hope you enjoy the rest of ACOTAR!!
      Damn neither can I!! I just love Marie Lu!!

      Delete
  2. Scarlet's amazing, right??
    I'm really eager to see how The Next Together will be like. The blurb makes it seem like such an interesting book (annnnd the cover is gorgeous)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!!! And I'm just beginning Scarlet now :)
      So am I, I hope it's done really well. Sometimes time travel books can be done really badly but I read and loved All Our Yesterdays by Crisitn Terrill so it saved my faith in these books. The cover is just amazing!!

      Delete
  3. Ohhh this tag is go great! I might do it myself if I find the motivation to blog, which is lacking recently :S
    I agree with you about Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. It was such a lovely surprise, how vast and different the world of that series is and I cannot wait to start Cress and then Winter comes out later this year (woohooo!!!) and Patrick Ness has also become one of my faves and I've only read 1 book by him (A Monster Calls) but it was enough to know I'm gonna probably enjoy his books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! It's really handy too if you're going to do the end of year one too :)
      Scarlet was amazing!! I'm just at the beginning of Cress and loving it too :P And Winter!! I can't wait!! I love the cover :P
      I haven't read A Monster Calls, only More Than This and I'm really excited for his new book The Rest of Us Just Live Here, it sounds so unique :)

      Delete