Thursday 15 October 2015

Novella Review - The Tailor & The Witch of Duva by Leigh Bardugo

Novella Review 

The Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)The Witch of Duva by Leigh Bardugo
(The Grisha #0.5)
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Novella
Published: June 5 2012
Pages: 43 pages (E-book)(Tor)
Read: October 2015
Rating: 4 Stars
Book 42 / 60 - 2015 Goodreads Reading Challenge
The Witch of Duva is a novella based before The Grisha Trilogy. It's basically a folklore story and what a great one it was. I must admit it was a bit slow to start off but I love Leigh Bardugo's writing and then that awful twist at the end and I was just hooked. I loved this little folklore story. I would suggest people read it because it's really good but it doesn't shape the experience of reading The Grisha Trilogy.


The Tailor (The Grisha, #1.5)The Tailor by Leigh Bardugo
(The Grisha #1.5)
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Novella. 
Published: May 23 2013
Pages: 18 pages (E-book)(Holt Children's)
Read: October 2015
Rating: 5 Stars
Book 40 / 60 - 2015 Goodreads Reading Challenge
This novella centres around a character and event which happens in the first book of The Grisha Trilogy which is Shadow and Bone. So if you have not read that book yet do not read further here. This novella is about Genya, who I'm sure everyone loved till that revelation in Shadow and Bone and well this is the story behind what she did and why. It was so nice seeing The Darkling again!! I fell for a bad guy so what?? :p But I really enjoyed this little piece. I enjoyed seeing through Genya's eyes and finally discovering why she did what she did.





No comments:

Post a Comment