Monday 5 October 2015

Summer Sum Up Tag

With the end of Summer well gone I decided to do this tag. I say this tag on Maddie and Bee's Youtube Channel - Heart Full of Books.

Also a little bot of info before I go into the questions, my summer basically started mid May and went till the end of August!

1. The First Book You Read This Summer?
The first book that I read this summer was Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I enjoyed Insurgent but I didn't like it as much as Divergent and was a tad bit disappointed with this book. My review is here.

2. The Last Book You Read This Summer?
The last book that I read was One by Sarah Crossan. I read this in 1 day, 3 hours to be exact and loved it! I have yet to write my review though. I'm behind, I know :(

3. Some Of Your Favourite Reads This Summer?
Wow, I think I read some pretty awesome books this summer! So some of my favourites would be:
1. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
2. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
3. The Young Elites by Marie Lu
4. The One by Kiera Cass
5. Conversion by Katherine Howe
6. Cress by Marissa Meyer
7. One by Sarah Crossan

4. Some Of Your Least Favourite Reads Of The Summer?
I only gave 2 books a 1 star rating and they're the only ones I'm going to list here:
1. Blood Red Road by Mira Young
2. The Gates by John Connolly

5. Number Of Series You Completed This Summer?
I completed a number of 2 series this summer.....(these were also series I had started before the summer)
They were:
Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead
The Selection Series by Kiera Cass (I am finishing this series with The One and not going to read the other two books that have been added to this series, so it's complete for me!)

6. The Number Of New Authors You Discovered?
I discovered 9 new authors!! All listed below:
1. Kat Zhang
2 .Maryrose Wood
3. Moira Young
4. Morgan Rhodes
5. Melissa Marr
6. Ilsa J. Bick
7. Robyn Schneider
8. John Connolly
9. Katherine Howe

7. Most Anticipated Read Of The Summer?
My most anticipated read of the summer had to be A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.

8. How Many Books Did You Read This Summer?
I read a total of 20 books this summer!! Yay!!

9. Summer TBR Checklist:
Dun, dun, dun!! Ya'll ,may remember my post in the summer about all the books I wanted to read - click here if you want to see it! So ya, here's what I planned to read and what I actually read:

Books I Had Already Owned:
1. A Court of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Maas (I read this!!!)
2. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (Nope)
3. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (Another no)
4. The Young Elites by Marie Lu (Read!!)
5. Empire of Night by Kelley Armstrong (No....)
6. A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin (Another no...)
7. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa (Nope.)
8. The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury (Nadda)
9. The One by Kiera Cass (Yes!! I read this!)
10. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly (No.)
11. The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead (I read this too!)

Books I Din't Own At That Time:
12. Cress by Marissa Meyer (Read!)
13. Fairest by Marissa Meyer (Haven't gotten yet)
14. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (Read!)
15. An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (Don't have yet...)
16. The Alex Crow by Andrew Smith (Don't have yet.)
17. The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (Don't have yet.)
18. The Heir by Kiera Cass (Not reading anymore!!)

So out of the 18 books I read a total of 6 books.... Yay! for not completing summer reading plans!!

I hope you guys all had a wonderful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment