Monday 1 September 2014

August 2014 Book Haul

August 2014 Book Haul

It's September and Summer Holidays is over for most!! My little brother is getting ready to go back to school tomorrow and everyone is talking about going back to school and loads of people are already back in school and I'm just here saying ya, I'm going to college this year!! Am I bragging??? YES!! This is a once in a lifetime moment :P

Anyway I was very good with my book buying. I just bought one bargain book!! A brand new, bargain book because I discovered this little book store that's in the town I usually go shopping in and they sell books, new books, really cheaply. Yes, they don't have every book, but they have quite a lot if you snoop. Like, take for example, I found Requiem in hardback for 5 euro!! Seriously?? I was so tempted to get it but my OCD of having my series exactly the same fought that I have Delirium in paperback...

So, ya there's a little rant, now down to the book which I got in said above shop!! :)


  • Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
  • Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead

A modern day thrill ride, where a teen girl and her animal companion must participate in a breathtaking race to save her brother's life—and her own. 

Tella's brother is dying. He's got cancer, and Tella is helpless to save him. Or so she thought. When an invitation arrives for Tella to compete in the Brimstone Bleed, a deadly competition that will lead her through treacherous jungle and scorching desert, she doesn't think twice. Because the prize is a cure to any illness. But Tella will be facing more than just the elements.

It sounds like The Hunger Games, simple as. That was actually the first thing that came to my mind once I read the blurb. So I'm going to give it a shot. Plus I love the cover :P


Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.
In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.
Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive. 
For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him. . . .
Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.


I got it!! I got it!!! I got it!! I walked into a bookstore today (August 28th) and there it was. It was right there!! After waiting so long, it was like a miracle. So of course I couldn't leave the shop without it!! And I'll be reading this  soon, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment