Monday 9 March 2015

Mini Book Review - Tithe by Holly Black

Tithe

(Modern Faerie Tale #1)

Author: Holly Black

Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Faerie, Romance.

Published: 2008

Pages: 331 pages (Paperback Edition) (Simon & Schuster)

Read: February 2015

Rating: 1 Star



Welcome to the realm of very scary faeries!

Sixteen-year-old Kaye is a modern nomad. Fierce and independent, she travels from city to city with her mother's rock band until an ominous attack forces Kaye back to her childhood home. There, amid the industrial, blue-collar New Jersey backdrop, Kaye soon finds herself an unwilling pawn in an ancient power struggle between two rival faerie kingdoms -- a struggle that could very well mean her death. 


Book 8/60 - 2015 Goodreads Reading Challenge

This is going to be a very short review because I DNF this book at page 120 (36%) so I therefore can't really give this a full review.

What I can say is why I stopped reading this book and well that was for a few reasons:
1. I did not like the protagonist. I found her to be quite unlikeable because of her personality and because of the actions she pursued in this book and the contrast to them both. 
2. None of the other characters were likeable either.
3. I was quite bored with how the story was taking place and the pace at which it was going. 
4. I found the writing style not to be something I enjoyed. It was quite jumpy with a lot of things not being explained. 
5. This book was just not for me unfortunately. 

Just as a side note: These are my thoughts on this book and that doesn't mean that the book is in anyway bad or anything like that. Just because I didn't enjoy this doesn't mean that another person won't. So by all means, give this book a chance.








No comments:

Post a Comment