Monday 8 June 2015

BEA and Bookcon - How it affected me!!

BEA and Bookcon - How it affected me!!



I know what you're all thinking. How on earth could BEA and Bookcon affect me when I wasn't even there!!! But it did I can assure you that and the ways they affected me, well  here we go:

1. They exploded my wishlist!!
And I mean exploded it!! Because of watching all the BookTube videos and reading all the blogger posts about Bookcon and BEA and seeing all the hauls and seeing all the books, I was just so overwhelmed because I saw so many books that I didn't know about that I just had to add to my wishlist. 
And now I have all these books just piled on even though I was supposed to be taking it handy with my wishlist, but now it's just gone overboard. Completely. 
And if you're interested, just some of the books which I've added to my wishlist are pictured below:
Everything, EverythingIlluminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)A Thousand NightsWolf By Wolf (Wolf By Wolf, #1)Legacy of Kings (Blood of Gods and Royals, #1)



2. They made me want to go!!
Just hearing about all the accounts and people's experiences from Bea and Bookcon just really made me want to go. It looked like such a good time was had by everyone and that it was a really good event. Of course I couldn't possibly go. It's a long way to go to Bea and Bookcon seen and all I'm from Ireland and they are held in America, therefore it would cost a dang load of money too.... 
But I am hoping to go to some sort of book convention (I haven't been to any!!) just to have the experience and to support and meet all these amazing authors and all that. There is one coming up in London next month, but I'm going to have to see about whether I can go or not.... 


3. I got to learn some facts!!
As well as getting to discover all these new books from everyone's videos and posts about BEA and Bookcon, I also got to learn some facts such as about some hostile authors and publishers and also that there is a divide and angst between bloggers and BookTubers, something which I had never heard of before but.... I can honestly say I'm not a part of it. We should all be friends!! After all we do all talk about the same thing - books!! So, what is the problem?? 

And that is really it. Bea and Bookcon affected me! as you can all see :)

Were you at BEA or Bookcon this year?? Will you be going next year or in the future? What type of experience did you have? Or like me, did you not go but still was affected by it?? Let me know in the comments down below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment