Tuesday 30 June 2015

Best of the Bunch #1 - June 2015

Best of the Bunch #1 - June 2015


Best of the Bunch is a monthly meme hosted over at A Cocoon of Books. What it is is that you give the Best of the Bunch award to one book which you have read in that month.

I am new to this, so here is my first ever Best of the Bunch!!

In June I read a total of 5 Book, 2 of which got a 5 star rating from me. But for this prize I can only choose one and the book that is getting he Best of the Bunch award is......


I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson


From the author of The Sky Is Every­where, a radiant novel that will leave you laughing and crying - all at once. For fans of John Green, Gayle Forman and Lauren Oliver. Jude and her twin Noah were incredibly close - until a tragedy drove them apart, and now they are barely speaking. Then Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy as well as a captivating new mentor, both of whom may just need her as much as she needs them. What the twins don't realize is that each of them has only half the story and if they can just find their way back to one another, they have a chance to remake their world.


I must admit that I was skeptical going into this one because of the fact that I hadn't enjoyed Jandy Nelson's previous book and also because the synopsis/blurb was quite vague. But am I glad that I did take the leap of faith and read this one. It was truly amazing and I would dearly recommend it to everyone.

7 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about this book! It sounds very similar to the book I chose as my favorite of the month (The Sea of Tranquility) so I will probably wait a while before picking this one up. Thanks for sharing about it and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing!!! I hope you like it too :) No problem, I love the idea of this meme! :D

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this book. It sounds really good!

    Cheryl @ I ♥ Fictional People

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing!! I highly recommend it and that edition of the book is just beautiful :P

      Delete
    2. It is amazing!! I highly recommend it and that edition of the book is just beautiful :P

      Delete
  3. I have this book sitting on my shelf, but I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet. I’m looking forward to it. Everyone seems to love it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read it soon!! I hope you enjoy it :D

      Delete