Crazy For Summer Read-A-Thon Day 1
Today is the day!! It's the start of the Crazy For Summer Read-a-thon and I am extremely excited!! For this read-a-thon I am really pushing to complete my set tbr because I have not done this yet for any read-a-thon that I have participated in so far.
Anyhoo, there are all different challenges each day as well as Twitter chats and overall challenges too, so yay!! excitement ahead.
For Day 1, there are 3 different challenges / things to do and they are as follows:
1. Get To Know You Questions
1. What is your favourite thing about reading?
I just love reading, as I'm sure you can all guess, and the reason I love reading is to get away in a different world, a different story. I just love the escape and adventure part of reading.
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
My favourite thing about blogging is getting to express myself and talk about what I have a passion for with all of you very passionate people too.
3. What is your favourite thing about Summer?
Summer, Summer, Summer!! Hmmm my favourite part of Summer would be the vacation mostly :P
4. If you could take a summer vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go??
Honestly, I have this whole list of places I would like to go, it's practically everywhere in the world. But for summer,I wouldn't want to go somewhere too hot. I know, summer is all about the heat but the truth is I'm not a fan of it. After all, I come from Ireland and when the temperature push above 20 degrees it is too hot. So round about answer I would go to Venice or Prague :P
5. What is your favourite book of the year so far?
So far this year I have rated 11 books with full 5 stars and to say which one is my favourite is extremely difficult, too difficult so here are just a few:
- I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
- More Than This by Patrick Ness
- Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
6. Coke or Pepsi?
Neither I only drink water :P
7. Fantasy or Sci-Fi?
8. Hardcovers or Paperbacks?
Paperbacks!! I just love them a lot more. They are cheaper, look great and easier to hold while reading it.
9. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Hmm, this really depends on what you're referring too. For ice-cream it's vanilla cause I hate chocolate ice-cream but for everything else chocolate rules!! :D
10. What is your favourite tv show at the moment?
My favourite tv show right now is Pretty Little Liars!! I started watching it a few days ago on Netflix and have just been hooked since. Currently I'm watching Season 1 Episode 13!!
2. Two Truths and a Lie
This one is simple!! I state three facts about myself and you have to decide, or figure out which one is a lie!!
Here are my facts!!
1. I have 6 pets.
2. I live in the city.
3. I don't know how to cycle a bike.
My goals for Crazy For Summer Read-A-Thon are as follows:
- To finish A Court of Thorns and Roses
- To finish The Luxe series (Rumours, Envy, Splendour)
- To read Second Chance Summer
- To finish The Darkest Powers series (The Reckoning)
This way I get to accomplish some of the set goals for the read-a-thon such as:
- TBR Tackler
- Series Smasher
- Summer Sensation
- Genre Guru
- Rapid Reader