Tuesday 2 February 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #4

Top Ten Tuesday #4

Top Ten Historical Settings I Love.


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish and consists of them picking a topic each week for us bloggers to list our Top Ten.

I'm a big history fan. I love all times in history but I haven't read as many books as I'd like to in the historical fiction genre or featuring an historical setting. But here are he times I love the most:

1. World Wars I & II
Books about the war really just strike me and I have a good few World War Books on my TBR yet to read which I'm really excited about. Must Reads - The Book Thief by Markus Zusack, Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys.

2. Victorian England
I love Victorian England in any book. If it has the words in the synopsis, I will usually jump on that bandwagon straight away. All those dresses and the way they speak and just the general vibe of Victorian times is something I extremely love. Must Read - The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.

3. French Revolution
I love this time in books and I've only read one book during this time and it is an all time favourite. The tension and the time of the French Revolution just interests me so much. Must Read - Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly.

4. Old West
I have yet to read a book about the old west / western but I really want to read Erin Bowman's Vengeance Road. I love this time from my studies in history and from scarcely watching old westerns on tv, so I'd love to add this to my reading life too.

5. Ancient Rome / Greek / Egypt
Anything with Ancient in its title usually grabs me in and I am a sucker for this times in books too.



And that is really all I can think of so far. As I've said I loved studying history in school and I love the topic in general but I haven't read many historical fiction novels yet which is a tragedy. So if you have any suggestions, post them below too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment