Tuesday 11 August 2015

Wishlist Wednesday #3

Wishlist Wednesday #3


Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Pen to Paper. This meme is where you showcase one book that is on your wishlist and that you can't wait to get off your wishlist and into your hands.


On my Wishlist Wednesday today is....

Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys

Between Shades of Gray

Lina is just like any other fifteen-year-old Lithuanian girl in 1941. She paints, she draws, she gets crushes on boys. Until one night when Soviet officers barge into her home, tearing her family from the comfortable life they've known. Separated from her father, forced onto a crowded and dirty train car, Lina, her mother, and her young brother slowly make their way north, crossing the Arctic Circle, to a work camp in the coldest reaches of Siberia. Here they are forced, under Stalin's orders, to dig for beets and fight for their lives under the cruelest of conditions.

Lina finds solace in her art, meticulously--and at great risk--documenting events by drawing, hoping these messages will make their way to her father's prison camp to let him know they are still alive. It is a long and harrowing journey, spanning years and covering 6,500 miles, but it is through incredible strength, love, and hope that Lina ultimately survives.Between Shades of Gray is a novel that will steal your breath and capture your heart.



Sticking with the Ruta Sepetys theme here I go again, with Ruta's debut novel Between Shades of Gray. I've been really wanting to read this book for a while now and it's been on my wishlist for just as long too!!. This book is also an historical fiction novel set around the time of Stalin and work camps and sounds just as interesting as her other books.

Have you heard of this book?? 
Is it on your wishlist??
What have you on your wishlist??
Or have you read this book?? 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds so interesting! "Have you ever wondered what a human life is worth?" just makes me want to run into a bookshop and buy it (even though I can't, but I really want to).
    I'm usually not interested buy books that take place in the early to mid 1900s, because so many horrible things happened and I can't just be like "oh, it's just fiction!" because it is, but things like that happened in real life, too. But for some reason this book doesn't make me feel the same way? Maybe it's because I haven't studied Stalin as much.. I don't know.
    Anyway, thanks for bringing it to my attention! (I'm adding it to my TBR haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to hear you're adding it too!! :D Ruta Sepetys is just a brilliant historical fiction writer too. I have a feeling this is just going to be so heartbreaking though :'(

      Delete